Welcome to the Underwood, Iowa Website
Animal Control HOTLINE #(712) 366-1143
DOG LICENSES ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR 2021 AND DUE 3/1/2021
Dog licenses need to be renewed by March 1, 2021 or a penalty of $10.00 will be assessed.
Blank forms will be available at the Post Office entrance area. Please call City Hall at 712-566-2373 for any questions.
GOLF CART LICENSING AND INSPECTIONS NOW DUE!
UNDERWOOD FIRE AND RESCUE PANCAKE BREAKFAST
SUNDAY, APRIL 25, 2021 FROM 7:30 A.M. TO 1:00 P .M.
Located at Underwood Fire Department, 218 Second Street, Underwood, IA 51576
REGIONAL WATER EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER – (712) 249-5427
What’s Happening in Underwood:
Ordinance – Chapter 55 – Animal Protection and Control
Ordinance 55.07 Owner Duties.
- Humane Treatment. An owner or custodian shall provide sufficient food, water, shelter and humane treatment for any animal in such person’s care. It is unlawful under this chapter for an owner or any other person to beat, starve or otherwise abuse any animal.
2. Sanitary Conditions. An owner or custodian shall keep all structures, pens, or yards wherein dogs or cats are confined clean, devoid of vermin and free of odors arising from urine or feces.
3. Public Sanitation. No owner or custodian of a dog or other animal shall permit such animal to discharge feces upon any public or private property, other than the property of the owner or custodian of the animal.
When you are out walking with your dog(s), please pick up after them! Thank you!
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING TO PROTECT OUR SEWERS
DO’S & DON’TS FOR A TROUBLE-FREE SEWER
Flushing your trash can lead to service interruptions and expensive repairs to home and municipal plumbing lines. When a clog or break down occurs, untreated sewage can back up into your home, your neighborhood or our waterways.
Following the suggestions listed may save residents money and avoid significant inconvenience, as well as the cost to the resident or community for clearing and repairing blockages.
- Place a wastebasket in the bathroom to dispose of solid wastes. Disposable diapers and personal hygiene products to not belong in the sewer system.
- Avoid the release of hair into the shower, bathtub or sink drains to prevent clogs in traps and drains.
- Place liquid fats, oils and grease into a jar or container and dispose in the trash. Wipe down greasy pots and pans with a paper towel before washing in the sink or dishwasher.
- Use a strainer over the drain in your sink, tub and shower. Then empty the collected material into the garbage.
- Keep your clean outs exposed so that your pipes can be inspected and maintained.
- Flush so-called “flushable” wipes. They do not break down and can cause blockages in pipes and pump stations.
- Flush kitty litter, diapers, soiled rags, sanitary napkins, dental floss, q-tips, razor blades, paper towels, surgical bandages, syringes, pharmaceutical products, cigarette butts.
- Pour fats, oils and greases from cooking down the drain.
- Pour paint, engine oil, pesticides, or chemicals down the sink. Some hazardous materials can corrode the sewer, while other complicate the treatment process. In fact, dumping them in the sewer is illegal and could subject you to a fine.
- Pour sour milk down the sink. One liter of full cream milk has enough fat in it to cover the surface of an olympic sized swimming pool.
City of Underwood City Hall Closed to Public
COVID-19 PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR UNDERWOOD, IA
Underwood City Hall, located at 241 3rd Street, will be closed to the public.
We are still operating by phone at 712-566-2373, by email at email@example.com, and through the drop box for payments and forms.
Please call if anyone has any questions or concerns and we will do our best to help during this difficult time.
Thank you for your cooperation and your patience.
Per Ordinance No. 213 Section 106.08
106.08.01 Fee for Collection. The fee for solid waste collection and disposal service, used or available, is $12.50 per month.
106.08.02 Fee for Extra Container: Should a household require/request an extra container, there will be an additional fee of $6.00 per month.
106.08.03 Fee to replace container that is destroyed or removed from property: The fee to replace a container destroyed or removed from a property is $95.00.
CITIZENS MAKE NOTE: Any extra waste outside or around the container will not be picked up unless the Extra Container Fee has been paid beforehand so please plan accordingly. Both cans must be MTS cans.
Western Iowa Development Association (WIDA)
Underwood and Pottawattamie County Residents:
Interested in getting the all-new, free, county-wide rural newsletter?
Email EricaForWIDA@gmail.com to be on the e-list and
Find the up-to-date Calendar of Events at www.WIDAIowa.org